Tuesday, August 30, 2005
T3 (aka Top Ten Tuesday)
THE TOP TEN THINGS THAT HAVE MADE ME MAD TODAY
1. My husband is refusing to take out the trash again.I don't know why. I guess I'll just have to refuse to do his laundry and cook his meals until he gives in.
2. I let another damn load of laundry sour in the washing machine. I hate it when I do that. I thought I'd dried that load, but obviously I didn't since they now stink to high heaven.
3. The little ol' blue-hair that was in front of me alllllllllllllll the way down Main in her big white Lincoln, driving oh.....all of about 17 1/2 mph. God love her. But she still made me mad.
4. The fact that it's Men's Night and I always like Men's Night simply because after the kids go to bed at 8, I have until midnight to be completely by myself, yet tonight Paul just wheeled in about an hour ago. The jerk. He knew I'd had a bad day. When he's cranky I try to stay away and give him space. When I'm cranky he just smothers me. Or maybe it just seems like he smothers me because I'm crankyy. Either way, I'm REALLY cranky and now he's here which makes me EVEN BITCHIER.
5. My tan is fading. Normally I would include this in Whiney Wednesday, but for some reason today IT JUST MADE ME MAD.
6. The butheads at Discover didn't call today. And I was in JUST the right kind of mood to actually answer the phone and give them a piece of my mind. But see, when you pay your bill, they don't call. Hmh. Who knew.
7. I spent $20 for SEVEN GALLONS OF GAS this evening. That gave me oh....about 1/16 of a tank. Have I mentioned I drive an A*shole Van with a gas tank the size of a Sherman tank?
8. The fact that I'm cranky has even made me mad today. I'm normally a pretty happy camper and I like to think I also stay on a pretty even keel most of the time. I'm not as moody as I used to be, by no means. So when I find myself cranky for no apparent reason it makes me even crankier because it's not like me to be this way, yet there's really just nothing I can do about it. AND there's really no particular reason WHY I'm cranky. I tried to get un-cranky this afternoon, but it just didn't happen.
9. I broke an underwire in my bra. My bras are $37.50 AND the closest Lane Bryant is in Springfield - an hour and a half away.
10. Did I mention that Paul CAME HOME EARLY????????? And he is now sitting in the living room playing PS2?? WHY is this making me so mad????
The only good thing to happen today is that Sis and I found a twenty in the parking lot at Wal*Mart tonight AND WE KEPT IT. And it felt good.
Up until this surgery, my biggest stressor regarding anesthetic was the whole waking up and feeling like you had just closed your eyes and h...
Okay, so the last time I posted I was tired and mad and just generally in a funk. But now the carnival is over and at least that is behind u...
This post is hopefully not going to end in me crying, but I'm sure it will. If I chase a few rabbits and digress a bit, just hang with m...
Published in the Miami News-Record July 27, 2018 Mom and I have had the conversation on several occasions, but this week I have thought...