My list of 100
1. I have 3 kids.
2. I only planned on one of them. The other 2 were "surprises".
3. My middle name is Dawn.
4. When I was in 7th grade I got on a kick where I spelled my name Krystin.
5. I absolutely, under no circumstances, cannot sleep with a closet door open.
6. I also cannot walk over a sewer or drainage grate. I simply cannot do it. (Read Stephen King’s IT - you’ll understand.)
7. I wear a size 9 ½ shoe.
8. I got drunk for the very first time when I was 18.
9. When I was in Kindergarten, my husband was the teacher’s aide in my class. We discovered this on our first date.
10. When I was in junior high I wanted to name one of my daughters Kaliopee.
11. I cannot stand David Letterman. He’s an idiot.
12. I sold Pampered Chef for 4 years.
13. All My Children is my favorite soap and has been since I was in grade school.
14. The song "Please Come to Boston" makes me cry.
15. I have 3 tattoos.
16. I am not double-jointed.
17. I want at least one, probably two, more tattoos.
18. I had a crush on my 7th grade math teacher, Mr. Spencer. A big crush. I honestly thought he’d fall madly in love with me and we’d have this spectacular, although controversial, May/December romance and live happily ever after.
19. I didn’t get my first kiss till I was nearly 14. It was in the back seat of a Mercedes Benz on the way home from a spook house.
20. I have seriously considered a piercing, but keep chickening out.
21. I have one filling in my mouth and I got it when I was 7.
22. My favorite book is The Time is Noon by Pearl S Buck.
23. There are 3 movies that make me cry so hard I have almost vomited: "Penny Serenade" (an old b&w with Cary Grant), "Steel Magnolias", and "The Bridges of Madison County".
24. I realize the aforementioned movies are extreme chick flicks. Bite me.
25. I cry almost that hard when I watch "Beaches", "Stella" and "An Affair to Remember" (the old one, not the remake).
26. If Trace Adkins walked up to me and asked if he could make wild, hot, passionate love to me I’d say yes and wouldn’t bat an eye - even if my husband was standing right there.
27. Okay...I might bat an eye...but I’d still go.
28. I am insanely addicted to sweet tea. The really sweet kind that Southerners drink. Not that hot crap y’all call Earl Grey or whatever. I only drink tea hot if it’s a component in a hot toddy.
29. One time at band camp...
30. Just kiddin’.
31. I collect garden gnomes.
32. When I get nervous my teeth "itch".
33. I have to balance the checkbook to the penny. It cannot be off in the least. I have literally spent an entire day trying to find an error.
34. I snort when I laugh really hard.
35. I’m terrified of spiders.
36. I once slept with a guy and didn’t know his name. When I think back about that now it kind of scares me, but man it was good sex.
37. The longest I have stayed up without sleep is 42 hours.
38. I have a strange fascination with a man’s arms. Strong arms. Oh goodness...
39. In high school my friends called me "the walking dictionary".
40. Not being able to "fix" someone frustrates me. A lot.
41. I drove in a demolition derby.
42. I’m addicted to it now.
43. I would love to ride in a hot air balloon. Even though I would probably throw up.
44. I don’t like pepperoni.
45. I think the grilled cheese sandwich is one of the best foods ever invented.
46. I don’t really care for dogs. They’re too needy. Not saying I don’t like dogs, I just think they’re too high-maintenance most of the time.
47. I can touch my nose with my tongue, but just barely.
48. Clowns freak me out. I took my kids to the circus ONE TIME and swore I’d never do it again.
49. Roller coasters cannot be too high or too fast in my opinion.
50. When I was a kid and someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, most of the time I said "a mommy."
51. I went through several phases - English teacher, Drama coach, Daycare owner, cop, judge, actress. It always came back to "mommy" though.
52. My husband and I lost our first child. It was the most horrific thing I’ve ever endured in my life.
53. I was raised Southern Baptist and am currently a member of a Southern Baptist church.
54. I rarely go to church anymore.
55. The jobs I’ve held in my life, in order, are: Secretary to the secretary (my mom) in an attorney’s office (awesome summer job), Sales clerk/gopher in the college bookstore (work study), Toddler teacher in a daycare, Teller in the Courtesy Booth of a grocery store, Infant caregiver in a daycare, Sales clerk in a bridal shop, Pharmacy Technician in a hospital pharmacy, Cocktail waitress, Home daycare operator, Direct Sales Consultant, "Babysitter" to a bunch of college kids in the college library, Substitute teacher, Home Daycare operator - again.
56. I have completed one semester of college.
57. I tend to be a tad over-dramatic sometimes.
58. Okay, I tend to be over-dramatic most of the time.
59. I could watch The Wizard of Oz, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Napoleon Dynamite every day. Well, at least every other day.
60. Karen Carpenter’s voice can just about move me to tears.
61. I prefer white gold to yellow. I never wear yellow gold. Always white gold or silver.
62. I moved out of my mom’s house when I was 18.
63. I moved back in a month later.
64. I was married 5 months after that.
65. I’ve wanted to visit Prince Edward Island, Canada, since I was 13. I will one of these days.
66. I am not attracted to skinny guys.
67. I never got swats, detention or suspended when I was in school.
68. I was voted "Most Organized" by my classmates my Senior year. If they could only see my house today.
69. I would like to have one more baby and have it at home.
70. I have naturally curly hair. But it only has been naturally curly since I was 27. In six months
I went from just barely wavy, to looking like I had a perm. Damn hormones.
71. I have a very loud laugh.
72. I alphabetize my canned goods and all labels must be facing out.
73. I obviously have a mild case of Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder.
74. I’m, again obviously, more compulsive than I am obsessive.
75. I have every intention of having a book published someday. I know what it’s going to be about and everything. Now I just have to write it.
76. I have one sibling - a younger sister. I also have two step-sisters.
77. I have a really hard time standing up to people.
78. I am entirely too non-confrontational for my own good. Unless you mess with my kids. Then watch out.
79. I had my last child without so much as a Tylenol during labor and delivery. It was an entirely awesome experience. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
80. I almost always go to sleep on my left side.
81. I love my bunny slippers.
82. I sang a duet with My Neurotic Friend at our High School graduation.
83. If some bozo at the mall asked me to take The Pepsi Challenge I guarantee you I would pick Coke.
84. I am a morning person.
85. When I was 17 I had a major panic attack in the St. Louis Arch.
86. My mom is my hero.
87. I’ve been called for jury duty once. I never sat on a jury.
88. I’m a registered Democrat.
89. I can’t swim.
90. Because I can’t swim, I am terrified of water that is above about chest level. On me, that is about 3 ½ feet.
91. I pray every day.
92. I am 5' 2 1/4". When you are this short, that 1/4" is pretty important.
93. In my life I have visited 8 states, besides the one I live in: Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Tennessee, Illinois, and Mississippi.
94. I was a major goody-two-shoes, teacher’s pet and basic nerd in High School. I skipped school once my Senior year. The principal was known for checking on skipping Seniors and he drove to my house to find my best friend’s car there, my car gone and no one at home. The next day when I brought in a note from my dad that said I was sick he asked me if I had the Mall Flu. I said yes and he signed my note and let me get my homework.
95. I love sex. A lot.
96. Sometimes I still want to run away from home like a temperamental teenager.
97. I did not realize just how difficult it was going to be to write 100 things about myself.
98. At this point I’m just filling in space.
99. When I was a little girl I wanted to be Isis and had a pretty significant crush on Shazam.
100. My favorite scripture from the Bible is Jeremiah 29:11.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
My list of 100